Welcome to the Royston and District Local History Society Web Site.
On these pages you will find details of the work and aims of the Society, together with information on the history of Royston, Hertfordshire and links to local history resources.
About the Society
The Society is a non-profit making organisation whose objectives are to -
- Safeguard, record and preserve the local history of Royston and the area for future generations.
- Increase the level of interest and awareness of local history amongst the town’s residents.
- Contribute to the growth of the Museum.
- Maintain and preserve the Royston Cave for the benefit of the town.
- Provide consultation on planning applications relating to the historic fabric of the town.
The Society organises a number of public lectures each year and all members are entitled to attend these meetings. The lectures are also open to the public, on payment of a small entrance fee, currently £2.00. Visitors may use the car park accessed via King James Way. In addition, the Society has an annual coach outing to a place of historic interest - the coach outing is open to members and non-members.